Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setup and simulate differential TDR to find impedance vs time in Cadence Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguntukbd

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to do differential TDR simulation in cadence virtuoso. I have a differential channel, made of Tlines and interconnects (passive components). How to setup the TDR simulation to get impedance over time? I know, I have to terminate both n and p channel with 50 ohms each at the output. I have to do also in the input. But how to connect the step voltage source or pulse generator at the input and get the required impedance over time from the channel reflection? Can anyone help me?

Note: I am using virtuoso version IC6.1.7-64b.500.4, there is no rflib. So, I cannot use Balun ports.

But how to connect the step voltage source or pulse generator at the input
and get the required impedance over time from the channel reflection?
"analogLib/ports" of R=50ohm, type=pulse, ampl=+1volts and -1volts.

Observe voltage and current.
That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.