Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use a BLDC motor IR2110 IC for low speed applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Using irf2110 IC for bldc motor control for low speed application

Can i use bldc motor IR2110 Ic for low speed applications. I am working on wheelchair motor driver which requires 30-5- rpm.

Re: Using irf2110 IC for bldc motor control for low speed application

Hi,

I don't know what "30-5- RPM" means... but usually the RPM has nothing to do with IR2110.

What counts is:
*switching frequency
* duty cycle range
* drive current
* drive voltage
* Mosfet charge

Klaus

Can i use bldc motor IR2110 Ic for low speed applications. I am working on wheelchair motor driver which requires 30-5- rpm.

You also don't necessarily have to worry much about rpm. That is why they make reduction gears.

error while simulating the motor driver circuit

hello,
I am working on a project of wheelchair motor driver using irf2110 IC. while simulating the circuit attached along is not working.Please suggest how to mae it work.

Attachments

• circuit.PNG
    circuit.PNG
    129.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:

What motor you are using? What's not working?
Seems you plan to use a DC instead of BLDC motor, as there is only one phase, right?
The IRF2110 in current schematic uses bootstrap circuit for VB, therefore needs some cyclic toggling on each stage. So you cannot operate it in static mode.
Therefore I recommend to set B-side to LO (HIN=0, LIN=1), and toggle the A-side by PWM. Kind of chopper operation, duty will define the DC motor current.
For other direction, vice versa.

What motor you are using? What's not working?
Seems you plan to use a DC instead of BLDC motor, as there is only one phase, right?
The IRF2110 in current schematic uses bootstrap circuit for VB, therefore needs some cyclic toggling on each stage. So you cannot operate it in static mode.
Therefore I recommend to set B-side to LO (HIN=0, LIN=1), and toggle the A-side by PWM. Kind of chopper operation, duty will define the DC motor current.
For other direction, vice versa.
yes,i am planning for using DC motor for my wheelchair project for a load of 80 Kg. Can u suggest which control algorithm will be good.

...As described in my last post. Use two PWM signals, one for each side. Connect PWM to HIN, and via Inverter to LIN.
Set B-side to PWM=0% (static LOW, HIN=0, LIN=1), and toggle the A-side by PWM. F~20-30kHz, duty 0-99Hz.
For reverse direction, vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back