Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitter antenna for a particular frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any method by which I can implement an RF energy harvesting circuit without the transmitter antenna?

Thanks in advance :)

RF energy harvesting requires an antenna. It requires the 915MHz antenna. I have done consulting and design for RF energy harvesting with stringent requirements before. if you need help, please let me know.

Thanks for the answer.
1. I have designed an RF energy harvesting circuit for 2.033 GHz which is the resonant frequency of a multiband patch antenna that I have designed. But the problem here is that there is no transmitting antenna as well as signal source available for this frequency with me. If you can help me if there is any other way I can receive this frequency

2. Also, can we use the same circuit for harvesting lower frequencies in the MHz range or other frequencies?

i would like to understand why are you designing your receiving circuit at 2.033GHz? the standard call for 915MHz and a lot of transmitters available at this frequency.

- - - Updated - - -

energy harvesting circuit should be usable for various frequency and you can just change the antenna because its nothing but a rectifier.

Since I had already designed a patch antenna mainly resonating at this frequency. I will try using the circuit for other frequencies. Thanks for the help :)

RF energy harvesting works at any RF frequency. The primary consideration is that there is some RF to harvest in the first place.
Use an antenna suited to the frequency. For harvesting you use a receive antenna, not a transmitter antenna although the two are basically the same.

Or are you trying to transfer power electromagnetically from one spot to another nearby?

Brian.

For harvesting you use a receive antenna, not a transmitter antenna although the two are basically the same.

Brian, do you want to confuse him? Why not use a second copy of the same patch antenna design he created?
If no signal generator is available (really??) the VNA set to zero span, or small span, can act as a signal source.

No confusion intended. Most posts here about RF energy harvesting are from people trying to magic electricity from existing EM waves (domestic broadcasts, mobile phone masts etc.) When the question asked about transmitter antennas, I wondered whether this is harvesting in the same sense or a deliberate 'point to point' link between a source and destination Mickey123 had under their own control.

Brian.

Is it possible to use a mobile phone's Bluetooth as a transmitter and a patch antenna at 2.4 GHz as a receiver for RF Energy harvesting so that a considerable amount of voltage is received at the output ?

Please help me thanks in advance :)

Is it possible to use a mobile phone's Bluetooth as a transmitter and a patch antenna at 2.4 GHz as a receiver for RF Energy harvesting so that a considerable amount of voltage is received at the output ?

Please help me thanks in advance :)

There is NO considerable amount of voltage received.
The voltage induced into the harvesting antenna is uV (microvolts)

it isn't useful for any practical purposes

What should ideally be used as the transmitte ?

What should ideally be used as the transmitte ?

I imagine a powerful device at close distance. For instance, if you could get close to a broadcast antenna, or cell tower or microwave tower (although you might attract police attention).
Or else a computer, wifi modem, mobile phone, etc.

In some cases you might pick up photons (electromagnetic waves) from a transmitter, or in other cases it is magnetic emanations from circuitry. Your receiving device must be designed to respond accordingly.

My Radio Shack 300-project kit can make an old-fashioned 'crystal' set that draws power from the airwaves so I can hear it in a high impedance earpiece. It makes me wonder how loud would it sound if I could get within a block of the transmitting tower? I suppose it could generate a few volts in my radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back