Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Transfer Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aminullah

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 630A ATS panel with ComAp PWR controller for 380V supply, if i want to change it to 220V. To achieve that, What change I should make in the wiring.

Hi,

You want to post links to drawings and other documents?

Take a look at the back panel for other line configurations'
transformer tap connections? You might get lucky. On much
test equipment you get at least 120 / 240 choices, maybe
here too.

Or you could substitute an appropriate transformer for
the control head's power.

The unit waits several seconds after power is restored, to see if it settles at a stable voltage. (Your unit is designed to detect 380V from the grid, and stay connected as long as it senses that voltage.) An internal relay switches your home back to grid power. However your 220V may not be high enough to cause it to decide it is time to switch to grid power. Or, in the case of the relay, 220V may not be sufficient to activate a relay designed to activate at 380v.

If instructions don't specify how it responds then you'll need to run your own tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.