Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does the capacitor work for the following design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephakash07

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how capacitor works for the following desigin

Pls help me how the capacitor used in this circuit for filtering.

LCD.png

https://i0.wp.com/microcontrollerslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/LCD.png?w=901

Re: how capacitor works for the following desigin

There are THREE capacitors in this circuit. The one on the +5 pin filters the power supply; the other two are single-pole RC low-pass filters. Do you have a more specific question?

why did he use low pass filter?
The signal is continuously 50hz supply. There is no variation in the frequency

why did he use low pass filter?
The signal is continuously 50hz supply. There is no variation in the frequency

You should be aware that in the real world, unlike the above simulation environment, there are high frequency artifacts present in the electrical network (presumably from where your input signal comes from), most of them due to switching transients in the electrical grid and/or electric motors.

You should be aware that in the real world, unlike the above simulation environment, there are high frequency artifacts present in the electrical network (presumably from where your input signal comes from), most of them due to switching transients in the electrical grid and/or electric motors.

Then why did he use two low pass filter.
If i use one high pass filter ,both filter ranges form 45hz to 50hz is there any problems?

You have a differential amplifier. Therefore you need to balance each leg.i have no idea why you're now talking about high pass filters.

If you try to build this thing on a breadboard, you will realize you will need more than 3 capacitors as in this picture. Because of having high reactence in low frequencies, they filter high frequency components, which you may see as ripples on your supply line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back