Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embed a RFID label inside a soccer ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyvan_h

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I want to embed an RFID label inside a soccer ball for test. so we want to know which rfid label type(125khz/135mhz) is appropriate for my use? and for write and read information on this ball what devices is needed ?
thanks a lot.

125khz is suitable for identifying upto 10cm whereas the second one is upto 1m range.

Hi,

Did yo do an internet search for RFID tags.
There are small ones, only 0.5mm thick and maybe 20mm in diameter, there are cylindric ones encapsulated in glass..
And many others.

Problems you need to solve: how to insert the RFID tag into the ball and how to fix it.

Klaus

use rfid label into the ball

Thanks for your replies.
yes, i search the internet about rfid system. i want to use label type rfid because this is suitable for use in ball inside. my idea is this, embed rfid label between two layers of ball .

Both types will work but I would suggest 15.36MHz to give a slightly longer range and to mount the RFID tag deep inside the ball. They are not flexible and a soccer ball inevitably gets a lot of physical abuse so it needs the protection of the thickness of the ball. The antenna on 15.36MHz RFID devices is also much smaller which will make it easier to mount.

Brian.

125khz is suitable for identifying upto 10cm whereas the second one is upto 1m range.

Why 125KHz has shorter communication distance. I think it has a longer wavelength, so it has a long communication distance? Thanks.

The wavelength doesn't actually make much difference to the range when they are so close anyway. What makes a big difference is the antenna size. Consider that the antenna has to be coiled to make it small enough and that reduces it's radiation efficiency. At 125KHz, the length of a full wave antenna would be around 2,400m ! At 15.36MHz it is reduced to a mere 19.5m

Brian.

Presume 13.56 MHz RFID is addressed with "135mhz" in the original post as there's no 135 MHz RFID standard. 13.56 MHz doesn't generally involve larger (e.g. 1 m) range, there are "proximity" (ISO 14443/NFC) and "vicinity" (ISO 15693) standards. Besides different reader coil size, they use quite different protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.