Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question Regarding ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedoo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey everyone. I have two questions regarding Advance design system software.
1. I have done impedance matching for my circuit in ADS. How can i apply it between two components?
2. Can we import a schematic from ADS to any PCB development software or in ADS-PCB designer itself?
Thank You

1: What do you mean by question 1? I don't understand the question.

2: Yes and no. ADS can exchange schematic data using IFF format, and also export netlist information, but the schematic models are usually different between the systems. PCB schematic has no equivalent for all the ADS-specific RF library elements. Depending on schematic complexity, it might be easier to transfer the data manually.

For PCB design tool links, see ADS online help: Input-Output > Design Translation

Hey everyone. I have two questions regarding Advance design system software.
1. I have done impedance matching for my circuit in ADS. How can i apply it between two components?

How did you matched impedance at first place without having components ?

My question 1 was
I have tried impedance matching in ADS using smith chart utility by taking source and load impedance of components through S parameters. But whenever i try to put the matching circuit in a symbol and add it between the matched components it does not simulate anything.

You may need to learn how to create hierarchy in ADS. Show your design sheet, mb u forgot to place simulator or define pins when creating a symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back