Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AWS EC2 FPGA amazon cloud computing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys ,

Anybody here worked on Amazon EC2-F2 cloud.

I wanted to work on it. So before that, thought of taking an opinion. How good it is ? (compared to the real FPGA )
i have gone through documents. Based on that , i think my target is SDAccel. Software to hardware interaction.
Sending datas from/to software and FPGA. My doubts are real xilinx FPGA got ARM and FPGA (basically an SoC ).
Will EC2-F2 ALSO provide the same ? ( i know EC2 means Ubuntu(software) and F2 mean any Xilinx FPGA (that we can choose ))
But what about the libraries they are using for the interaction? (ARM got their own libraries, will amazone provide the same or different ).
Which is a better option, and cost effective ?

If i designed in Amazone, Can i able to port it into real FPGAs ??

So if anybody works on it, they will be able to clear my doubts and then i can go for it .
Any help is really appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Last edited:

What is your purpose? Software to Hardware interaction isn't specific. If you target high performance analysis / CNNs / image and video processing / generally all kinds of co-processing, then AWS is good for you. If you want to develop for "real" FPGAs, just buy a development board.

Thanks for the replay dzosgornik,

its like high speed data processing.
So if start developing in AWS and later i wants to move to FPGA, what will be the difficult level i will face ?

thanks and regards

Every FPGA retargeting is a tough process, but I guess that if you use standard interfaces to DRAM/PCIe (AXI busses e.g.), then this process will be much easier.

Reactions: dipin

dipin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back