Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring ac voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephakash07

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need measuring ac voltage using atmega 32 via energy meter IC. So i need to reducing voltage ranges from 220v-0v to 5v-0v. Can any please suggest good power efficient way to do the conversion without losing more power.

I also attached conversion using voltage divider, Is it good way or any other way to do so?
If doing using voltage divider will heat of resistor will increase,this cause resistance will affect ?

Capture.PNG

Hi,

I have already replied to several similar threads...with descriptions, schematics and calculations.
--> Do a forum search.

Klaus

do your i^2.r calculation to find dissipation.
Yes, put the divider in...then add a zener to the lower resistor just in case...then go into the adc....you can buffer it aswell with opamp, as adc usually needs max 10k input resistance if you are sampling fast....

Status
Not open for further replies.