Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S7-200 PLC external module damange

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuwands

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I did something wrong. I connected an external power supply of 12v in parallel with the PLC power supply by accident. The picture shows how it was wired. The external power supply was blown off. The problem is, now the modules connected to the PLC are not working at all. Could someone please help me to understand what happened and what type of possible repair I should perform? Thank you.
Untitled-1.jpg

Hi,

I suspect the first step is to purchase a (cheap) DMM. Checking for any possible blown fuses is another starting point, and prior to getting a multimeter and reading the device manuals in case there is a generalised picture of what they look like inside or better yet a proper schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.