Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equivalent curcuits of gate N-mosfet for simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeit

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need simulate matching networks for driving RF N-MOSFET, unfortunately for this transisfor t does not exist PSPICE model.
i it is possible to create an equivalent circuit for the gate from the datasheet data?

I try simple serial combinatior R 0,6Ohm as gate resistnce and capacitor 1500pF as Ciss , but it is obviously wrong and voltage is 2x lagre than in reality

For matching networks you need S-parameters model of a RF MOSFET. Find it in your manufacturer's site.

What do you mean by "voltage 2x larger" ?

Manufacturer do not public S parameter and PSPICE model.

What do you mean by "voltage 2x larger" ?
For example I create simulation simple RF PA with 2 NMOSFET
as second transistro is used IRFP048N with Ciss 1900pF
in first picture is simulation with full spice model of transistor and voltage on gate Q2 is Vpp 16,8V
in second pisture is Q2 replacet with serial combination R3 C4 and Vpp 31,3V, why , because the resonant circuit.

RF G.png

Hi,

Does PSpice allow users to modify the parameters of almost all devices (e.g. Coss, VGSth, etc.)? Tina does, you can choose the level of transistor model and so on, so I guess PSpice will have those things too.

I would have thought that a well-modified model might be more realistic/accurate, however, as all is reducible, it should be possible to create a plausible reduction that represents the transistor. I guess that is hard to do unless you really have a deep level of understanding of both equivalent models and what the datasheet is willing to share with you, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.