Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] DC Energy Meter for Electric Vehicle with Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsinatra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have project to design a tool to measure DC energy meter foe electric vehicle and pv. Please tell me which IC and microcontroller I should use. And If you have any references for this project, please share.

Thanks.

Hi,

It's rather simple: About any microcontroller can do.
* measure average voltage
* measure average current
* multiply both to get power
* add up power in equal steps of time to get energy.

Klaus

What will be your Max DC current ? 10A, 20A, 30A ? If withing 30A then use ACS712 sensor for current sensing. Measure voltage and current once a second. Do the maths to get power in watts/sec. If needed convert it to Kwh.

What will be your Max DC current ? 10A, 20A, 30A ? If withing 30A then use ACS712 sensor for current sensing. Measure voltage and current once a second. Do the maths to get power in watts/sec. If needed convert it to Kwh.

I don't know with for sure because this is my first time designing a energy meter. It will be used for measuring electric vehicle and pv, do you have any suggestion what will be the max DC current?

Hi,

I don't know with for sure because this is my first time designing a energy meter. It will be used for measuring electric vehicle and pv, do you have any suggestion what will be the max DC current?
You are joking.
Isn't it the very first thing you should do...to look for specifications?

It sound like building a house, starting with the roof, but not knowing where to build the house and what size.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.