Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create multiple simultaneous signal sources from a single reference source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1998

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to build a circuit which would produce a set of signals of different frequencies in different channels simultaneously using a single reference source. I also want the frequencies to be changeable. I am looking to generate frequencies in kHz and MHz range. On searching on the web I came across PLL. I wanted to know if I can do it using PLL or any other methods. It should be fully analog.

Hi,

Yes, I'd use a PLL.

Depending onthe frequency relationship, jitter requirements and so on you also may use NCOs, or integer dividers in a PLD.

Other parameters to decide....before asking for a chip...
* signal waveform (timing, duty cycle range, precision rise and fall time...)
* signal voltage amplitude
* signal current drive capability
* frequency resolution and range

Klaus

Hi,

maybe something like: CDCE949

Klaus

I think that DDS would be much better idea than a PLL - no need to use VCO for different frequency bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back