Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD panels for projectors - Light limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwinhall

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

It's important I point out immediately that I am an absolute novice at all this. I am trying to self-teach myself the basics by building things but it is a slow slow process. So please bear with me if my questions come across dumb.

I am currently learning how projectors work and decided to look at LCD projectors first as opposed to DLP (DMD) as they appeared to be far more complicated.

My question is this:

With the LCD panels being used in these projectors (3 of them), what are their limitations in terms of light?

Are the panels adjusted based off the lumens output from the light in the projector or is it more a "one size fits all" scenario and no matter how much light you shine through the LCD panel, it will produce the same image, just much brighter or dimmer?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back