Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vla 542-01r IGBT gate driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

safass

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm desinging an IGBT gate driver with vla 542-01r and vla 24242 dc-dc converter to isolation like BG2B.I did my circuit as same as their datasheet but high side always IGBT breaking down.Why this problem could be happen.

my desing is like that.

tMtOMq7.png

Hi,

This is no schematic, it is a mess.
Please clean it up and show the complete circuit.

Klaus

I did my circuit as same as their datasheet.
Why this problem could be happen.
my desing is like that.

Proteus has all you need to simulate the circuit you (didn`t) want to show, to check what is going wrong; If it works on this tool, should work on actual assembly, unless you were not able to make it correctly.

I couldn't simulate this circuit because vla 542 gate driver and vla24242 dc-dc converter not in proteus,I wrote the name of materials on their edges.
Also the half bridge's low side is working,gate signals is good and I tried with a load, low side is working.
But high side although the gate signal is good,IGBT breaking down.
The signal that I sad 16kHz PWM.

I couldn't simulate this circuit because vla 542 gate driver and vla24242 dc-dc converter not in proteus

Yes, you can use discrete devices to emulate the operation of this driver, which is essentially just an optical isolator, not even inverting the logic of the output. High level in the input, means a high level in the output.

Anyway, a sloppy scheme like this is strongly demotivating to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.