Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issues around ads keysight layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeniyiMokesioluwa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day, All

I am drawing the layout of an LNA using 130 nm GF SiGe BiCMOS process in ADS Keysight. However, I have some issues with it.

1. The HBT transistor is composed of 4 terminal, the 4th being the bulk terminal (connection to substrate). In the schematic, it is connected to the "in" terminal of the substrate. However, the 4th terminal is missing on the layout. My LVS therefore has been failing because of the absence of this connection.
How can i connect this on the layout?.

2. My single wire transmission line also has 3 terminal, the third being labelled the "vshield" which must be connected to a pure AC ground. This I was able to connect successfully on the schematic but on the layout, the "vshield" is missing. I have looked at the training material , where it was recommended that the substrate be position at least 80 um aaway from the transmission line. However, my LVS still fails.

How can i resolve this?

Thanks for your suggestion and response.
[/LIST]
LAYOUT_REPRESENTATION.JPGschematic_represenation.JPG

1) Your foundry library should have substrate contacts, e.g. called ptap or ntap, which you place in layout close to your transistor. Then LVS should recognize the bulk connection.
2) Should be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back