Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exporting from CST and Importing to ALtium

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_t

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends

I have been trying to export my 4 layers PCB from CST and import it to ALtium, but I get weird results. When I export Gerber/DXF files from CST and import it to Altium, My circuit has only some lines all around the microstrip lines which are not filled with any layer like the following photo. Has anybody had same problem before?

Thanks in advance

Capture.PNG

i wonder how you designed your 4 layer PCB in CST. is it an antenna or PCB with component interconnect? if its just an antenna, you can import DXF file into Altium and make it a boundary and easily complete the design in the Altium.

Reactions: f_t

f_t

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i wonder how you designed your 4 layer PCB in CST. is it an antenna or PCB with component interconnect? if its just an antenna, you can import DXF file into Altium and make it a boundary and easily complete the design in the Altium.

Hello
Its just a PCB not any antennas. Actually I imported DXF file and they can be seen in the attached photo. How can I fill the boundaries? Also, is there any other way I can import directly without filling anything?

Thanks

On Altium PCB
1) Set origin (“Edit”  “Origin”  “Set”)
2) Define board outline from the selected shape (refer to video) – just select the entire object and click “design”  “Board Shape”  “Define from selected objects”. It will adjust board shape to external object by itself!
3) Next step is to define keep out layer. Click to select the keep out layer and then do as shown in picture below.

https://www.altium.com/documentatio...pe((Line-Arc+Primitives+From+Board+Shape))_AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back