Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble in layouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prem Arjun

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I tried to design a 3phase rectifier(whose input is from a motor and output is given to an Dc-Dc boost converter). I tried layouting the schematic but couldn't able to take care of issues(like routing and netclass)since I have new to Layouting. kindly go through the schematic and layout files attached and please let me know what I need to correct in the layout or if you you make the necessesary changes then that would be of great help to me.

Thank you.
Have a good day.

Attachments

• rectifier.zip
    82.8 KB · Views: 95

Being new to PCB layout is one thing, not thinking about circuit specifications, e.g. current rating is the more serious point. How can you start layout without knowing how much current each trace should be able to carry? You would also estimate beforehand possible heat sinking requirements of the SMD MOSFET and plan respective copper pours.

Notice that the DC2465A reference circuit that you are copying has massive copper pours and 4 layer PCB for better heat dissipation.

You should have mentioned that the schematic and PCB design are in Eagle.

Here are links to the DC2465A Ltspice and .pdf schematic

https://www.analog.com/media/en/simulation-models/LTspice-demo-circuits/LT4320_DC2465A.asc
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/eval-board-schematic/DC2465A-2-SCH.PDF

Hi,

I fully agree.

But the most confusing: A rectifier usually has an input and an output.
But there is no output, no cnnector and no DC/DC converter. So what´s the use of it all?

I recommend to start with more simple projects.

Klaus

Hi KlausST,

I am using a DC-DC converter demo board directly. So I just need to design this rectifier only. The output of this rectifier is connected to booster.

So do you have some suggestions on how to start working on this layout?
Thank you

some suggestions on how to start working on this layout
Specify rectifier in- and output currents, identify traces that need current rating, define trace width according to IPC tables or calculation tools like Saturn PCB toolkit. Estimate the MOSFET Rdson losses, determine if heat dissipating copper pours are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back