Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage reduction techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiwari.sachin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to reduce voltage from 12V to 8V... The load current, say can vary from 200mA to 6A

Are there simple options than to use DC to DC or series diodes (which will be more nos :( )

From 8V, I will further be using LDO etc but to drop 12V to 8V I need some simple options.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot drop directly from 12V as there is one section of the circuit (Eg... consider a relay or solonoid that needs only 8V) to operate

For the required load current, your only option is DC/DC converter. Anything else other than the DC/DC converter will dissipate 24W (at high load).

I think direct current (DC) from one voltage level to another. It is a type of electric power converter. Power levels range from very low (small batteries) to very high (high-voltage power transmission). This can help you to enhance the power..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back