Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Capacitors loop circiut

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkongjong

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I looked at a bunch of capacitor schematics online and they all seem to be in loop. I was wondering do capacitors have to be in a loop circuit?

Thanks

What do you mean 'in a loop circuit'? ALL circuits are loops (or multiple loops).

Hi

What I mean is could you have a circuit like this.

circuit.PNG

Thanks

That circuit doesn't look it's going to do anything. Where's your power?

Hi,

I can't find out where you see a loop.
Nor do I see the problem at all.

Generally:
Every electrical circuit need a loop for the current to flow. Independent of capacitors.

Klaus

It is possible to charge a capacitor, then detach it from the circuit, and carry it around. It holds the charge (if it's healthy), very much like a battery. In that sense it need not be in a loop.

Later you can connect the capacitor back into the circuit (or to some other circuit), and it discharges through neighboring components.

Hi,

What function does the circuit in post #3 carry out? What is on the other side of out1, out2 and out3?

It looks like it could be a triple ramp or sawtooth (or similar) generator if V1, V2 and V3 are all squarewaves.

If you could post links to, or images of, just a couple more or a few more of the capacitor loop schematics you saw online, this thread will probably move forward a lot quicker. Thank you.

Hi

Thanks for your feed back. One of the posts answered my question so this is solved.

Thanks

Hi,

A forum is not meant to help only one person, but it is meant to help many people with similar problems.
Thus you should say what helped you to solve the problem.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.