Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Plotting/Calculator Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljp2706

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know if there is a way to plot a transient output vs. the values in a paramset file? I am varying temperature in transient analysis and would like to plot my output vs. temperature. I was looking at waveVsWave as a starting point for this, but I would need to somehow generate a temperature wave from the time value pairs.

Cadence Plotting
What do you want to mean ?
I can not understand what you want to mean at all.
Use correct terminologies.

I am varying temperature in transient analysis
and would like to plot my output vs. temperature.
I assume data depends on two variables, temperature, time, that is, data(temperature, time).

What you want to do is to plot data(temerature, time=t0) ?

I wanted to be able to plot a waveform using a calculator expression. X axis is temperature, Y axis is the output.

I think I've got it figured it out. I've used getAsciiWave to convert the csv to a discrete wave and then I use wave vs wave to create the temperature vs output plot.

I needed to use getAsciiWave because I am running the transient simulation with a dynamic parameter set in order to sweep temperature.

I don't know what you mean by Cadence at all.

However if you mean post processing of PSF data, you can do anything by using Skill function.
Here there is no need to dump data as external file.

I needed to use getAsciiWave
because I am running the transient simulation with a dynamic parameter set in order to sweep temperature.
Show me data dependency by invoking skill function, "sweepNames()".

data(temp(time), time) = data(time)

data(time) v.s. temp(time)

However length of data(time) and temp(time) are different as vector ?

Show me netlist fragments regarding transient analysis statement.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back