Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programmable signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blisk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help me with this.
I need programmable frequency generator which will work like described below.

Something I can setup like this
program 1) 20Khz sinus, 20 minutes -ON
program 2) 460Khz sinus, 25 minutes - ON
program 3) 20Hz sinus, 40 minutes - ON
program 4) 201Hz sinus, 20 minutes - OFF
program 5) 300Hz sinus, 20 minutes - OFF
program 6) 500KHz sinus, 40 minutes - OFF
program 7) 1,5Khz saw, 16 minutes - ON
program 8) 200Hz sinus, 40 minutes - OFF
program 9) 15Khz square, 16 minutes - ON
program 10) 25Khz square, 16 minutes - ON
program 11) 600Hz square, 10 minutes - ON
program 12) 100Khz saw, 5 minutes. - ON

Every program I can set some frequency and wave form and time how much time it will run and On or OFF for certain program. One program will run and when it ends goes to next one which is ON and skips one which is OFF until the last one with ON, after that goes to start and repeats again. But If I setup that all programs goes just one loop it will stop when last one ends
but If I setup it must take 10 or 20 loops it will goes from start to the end as many times I setup, If I setup infinity it will run whole time.
I hope it is possible to have at least three program loops (from program 1 to program 12) like this so I can choose which one to run, and hope I can set this over internet also, but it also needs to have a display where I can setup all of that if internet is not availible. Exit must go to some amplifier which give out about 10W.

I know this is a complicated project but can someone help me. Don't know what to use for this arduino or some Atmel or something else.
And nex I don't know nothing about programming so I will need some extra help here.

Something like this but with more functions like this.
**broken link removed**
Thank you.

I think you need to break this down. First, create a signal generator with a programmable frequency. A DDS, perhaps? Then create a simple state machine that controls the timing. Maybe use a lookup table. How do you set up the program? A serial port? Switches? Draw a bock diagram, that should help you.

Looks like the AD9833 DDS might be a good solution. It has the required outputs and you can use e.g. analog switches to select which to use. You can buy it from e.g. Banggood mounted on a sub-board and only need to connect power and signals https://www.banggood.com/search/ad9833/1091-0-0-0-0-44-0-price-0-0_p-1.html. Interface it to the MCU of your choice. The one in your link isn't externally programmable.

Can anyone help me with this.
I need programmable frequency generator which will work like described below.

Something I can setup like this
program 1) 20Khz sinus, 20 minutes -ON
program 2) 460Khz sinus, 25 minutes - ON
program 3) 20Hz sinus, 40 minutes - ON
program 4) 201Hz sinus, 20 minutes - OFF
program 5) 300Hz sinus, 20 minutes - OFF
program 6) 500KHz sinus, 40 minutes - OFF
program 7) 1,5Khz saw, 16 minutes - ON
program 8) 200Hz sinus, 40 minutes - OFF
program 9) 15Khz square, 16 minutes - ON
program 10) 25Khz square, 16 minutes - ON
program 11) 600Hz square, 10 minutes - ON
program 12) 100Khz saw, 5 minutes. - ON

Every program I can set some frequency and wave form and time how much time it will run and On or OFF for certain program. One program will run and when it ends goes to next one which is ON and skips one which is OFF until the last one with ON, after that goes to start and repeats again. But If I setup that all programs goes just one loop it will stop when last one ends
but If I setup it must take 10 or 20 loops it will goes from start to the end as many times I setup, If I setup infinity it will run whole time.
I hope it is possible to have at least three program loops (from program 1 to program 12) like this so I can choose which one to run, and hope I can set this over internet also, but it also needs to have a display where I can setup all of that if internet is not availible. Exit must go to some amplifier which give out about 10W.

I know this is a complicated project but can someone help me. Don't know what to use for this arduino or some Atmel or something else.
And nex I don't know nothing about programming so I will need some extra help here.

Something like this but with more functions like this.
**broken link removed**
Thank you.

a very nice project was published in EPE based on PIC 16F877 and MAX038

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back