Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to detect the start and end of a CAN frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How to detect start and end of CAN frame?

Hehe, yes i had to read about CAN :p. I nearly understood, but i dont know yet, what will be if we cross CANH wit CANL (CAN FD blanking transceiver). How it can works?
CANH is one signal on a CAN bus the complementary signal is CANL and they work in conjunction with each other as the CAN bus. You can't cross CANH and CANL or use only one of them or do some other ridiculous thing with them, they are both used at the same time to send CAN frames.

At this point it's obvious you do not understand (not nearly understand). CAN-FD is a different spec than CAN and the frame structure between the two standards are INCOMPATIBLE with each other. The frame structures redefine bits in the header to mean different things. CAN-FD can run at the standard CAN bit rates as it has a "flag" bit that specifies the frame's payload data rate. The FD stands for flexible data rate and allows the data payload of a CAN frame to be transmitted at a much higher bit rate than the CAN header.

The two PHY's you gave are a CAN PHY and a CAN-FD PHY, which you can't put on the same bus without doing the stuff mentioned in the links in post #17.

To answer your "How it can works?" question...it won't work based on your lack of understanding of CAN. I'm through wasting my time with this thread, unless you come back with questions that prove you actually made an effort to understand how CAN works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back