Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three phase energy measurement.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jit_singh_tara

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends ,

I need to measure 3 phase Vrms , Irms ,Energy(kwh) .

Please suggest me a suitable setup to measure the same using a microcontroller .:

Following are the features required:

1. Mcu should be isolated from the high voltage analog side.We can use some energy measuring ic -> isolator -> mcu .
2. I want good precision.

Also please clarify whether the energy meter ic does all the sampling and gives accumulated energy per phase .
which would be the better option : MCP3919 OR ADE7758.

Hi,

A rather global question.

there are a lot of discussions.

There are ready to buy ICs.
Every IC manufacturer gives datasheets and application notes, many of them even reference designs.
Reading through them will give you more infromations you need. And more information than we can give in a forum.

A forum is meant to replace scool, reading documents...it is meant to help you with special problems.

2. I want good precision.
which would be the better option
We don´t know what is "good" or "better" for you. Thus it´s rather useless to ask for "good".

For some designs a 10 bit resolution is good, for the other a 16 bit resolution is not good enough.
"Better" may be for you in terms of: price, design effort, pcb area, availability, speed, interfaces, protocol, prcision, power consumption....

We don´t know all this.
Thus it´s your job to first decide your specifications in values with units.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.