Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PEX-output-netlist-use names from option

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenD

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
I have some problem with using "PEX-output-netlist-use names from" option. I am using TSMC 65nm PDK. According to the PDK doc, I am supposed to choose PEX-output-netlist-use names from option to be "source based" instead of other options including "schematic/layout/schematiconly".

But there are some errors. I list them at the end of this post.

Trying to fix the error, I use "schematic", the simulation result is correct. the PEX also separate each finger of the transistors but no finger is missing. But when I decided to use schematic based for later simulation, I read this from Calibre doc
"
The “SOURCE-BASED” and “SCHEMATIC ONLY” options are most appropriate
for Calibre View creation and other back-annotation flows, since the parasitic netlist
is based on the source schematic."
Can anyone let me know what should I do?
Thanks
Allen

error description:
1. PEX can only extract 1 finger per transistor(so the DC level are way off compared to the schematic level simulation due to the w of a MOSFET become 1/number of fingers). So I have to manually change the number of fingers in the calibre view to the right finger number. This solution works for most of the cases.
2. I designed a flipflop with 6 identical NAND gates. If I only extract each NAND gate and connect them in the schematic, the circuit is working. But only 1 of my NAND gates could not work when I connect it into a flipflop in the LAYOUT, then PEX and simulate. That specific NAND gate give me a Vlow ~=vhigh. The DRC and LVS are all Passed. I tried just extract R but the error persists. and I change each of the parasitic R value to 0.0001Ohm, the error is still there. I assume the error is due to the name of the terminals because when I choose "PEX-output-netlist-use names from-schematic", the PEX works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back