Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discrete Time Sigma Delta ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

In Discrete time Sigma Delta ADC, that is, using switched capacitor techniques, people use a reset switch in parallel with the switch capacitor capacitor, sometimes. This is usually not explained in the text books or papers.

What is the purpose of this reset switch and does anyone have a paper, screen capture or reference material that explains the reset switch concept in Sigma Delta Discrete Time ADC design?

Thank you.

This is usually not explained in the text books or papers.
Surely read basic documents.
You can see explanation in any basic document.

What is the purpose of this reset switch
To escape from instability.
This is also true for Continuous-Time DSM-ADC.
Reset switch is connected to integral capacitor.

See Schreier's Green book whicgh is avery fundamentak book in this field.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0471465852/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

Attachments

• 180702-195538.png
    180702-195538.png
    104 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have read the textbooks commonly known in the Sigma Delta ADC field : yellow book, green book, Gabor Temes books, and others.

Although the Green book, as you attached, explained the concept and theoretical requirements for the reset switch, I have yet to find a paper, thesis or other resource that actually shows or explains the actual implementation of this concept in a converter. This is what I am looking for.

What is the timing of this reset switch as compared to the other clocked elements ? How do I determine the timing ? What is the length of this pulse ? These are the concepts and questions I am looking for answers to.

I find most texts in the field of Sigma Delta ADC to be too mathematical and too "magical" to be of real practical benefit and quite frankly - they are poorly written from an engineer's point of view.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back