Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch mode current source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesmez1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It is designed as switch mode with current source LT1246. Current from 0 to 5 amperes from the voltage source (battery) without heating the transistor at high current values. For this purpose, the V2 voltage source voltage is increasing or decreasing from 0 volt to 500 mVolts. Q1 is corrected by the RC filter (R7, C5) on the pulse voltage generated on the 0.1 ohm resistor connected to the source terminal of the MOSFET. This voltage can be monitored on C5.

The Lt10013 opamp generates the LT1246 comp voltage by bypassing the internal error amplifier by increasing the difference of the voltage on C5 with the variable reference voltage (V2). lt1013 is the error amfifier.

Vc5 voltage follows V2 refrerance voltage. The current drawn can be controlled by connecting a set potentiometer instead of V2.

This circuit can be used for battery and lithium battery discharge. In fact, the electronic load is a switch mode version. It works not linear but pulsed.

The current drawn from the battery or SMPS power source heats the 8 ohm Rload load instead of heating the q1 MOSFET. Instead of this load, a halogen bulb of low resistance, for example 12 volts 24 volts, 100 watts, can be connected.
smcs.png

Attachments

• smcs1.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 57

Hi,

What is the problem?
Where is your question?

Klaus

No problem. If I had a problem, I could write the message. The topic is for sharing. I want to know if you have comments.

It would be better if you could post your findings as a Blog post. Normally, the forum is for asking questions/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.