Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the ideal agc threshold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naught

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To use AGC, I calculate the average received signal power as Pavg. And Pavg has to be compared with the pre-defined ideal AGC threshold, Pth. I want to know how Pth is calculated.

My colleague calculate Pth this way:
suppose both transmitter and receiver are using the same resolution DAC and ADC, both 12-bits resolution.
let the full-scale signal from the ADC be sig_X, so the effective effect_X = sig_X / sqrt(2). then the ideal power is (effect_x)^2.
I think he's taken the signal from the ADC as cosine waves, am I right?

But most of the time, isn't the signal a SRRC filtered waveform? So (effect_x)^2 does not apply here?

My thought is that I calculate, at the transmitter side, the average power, P_tx_avg of the SRRC filtered waveform, and use this P_tx_avg as the ideal threshold at the receiver side. Am I right?

Please help. Thansk in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back