Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How To Determine Address Range of EPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

christian012

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Every One!

This Matter is Same as from Mr Coolman Posted Thread "How to add audio data into an EPROM?". Hope you can help me with this problem.

I am adding audio to eprom but it always cut, i wanted to know if it is because of the lacking of memory or the address limits of the EPROM.

I wanted to know how to determine the starting and ending address of each address pins (A0 to A17) so that i can manage my data. I am Using a M27C2001 and M27C4001 Eprom From STMicroelectronics

Any Method or software or site that can help me with this

Thank you, and Good Day Everyone

Only you know if it's lacking memory. Do the math. What's your sample rate? How long is your recording? And explain what "it always cut" means. Are you losing data in the middle or just the end?

Hi,

Yes, simple math, the formula is the maybe most used in digital electronics.
Additionally you find the memory size in every of your EEPROM datasheets.

Klaus

Sir Barry when recording I use 8 bit Depth and Sample Rate 16000Hz then I saved it in 8bit, 11025Hz format, it always cut in almost half of the audio and i have no Idea about the formula that I'm going to use Sir Klaus

Correct me Sir If I'm wrong,

My project is I am putting 3 different kinds of sounds inside EPROM 1st is demo sounds, 2nd is warning sounds, 3rd is main sounds
I have no idea about it, I've just learned programming of audio through searching, then through observation and reading I conclude that every pins (A0-A17) has a different amount of memory I mean different address inside the eprom but when I try to remove A1 to A17 and remain A0 I assumed that the A0 will only play its holding memory but im wrong it played the whole audio. If you'd mind sir can you explain it to me why it happens like that.

Sorry for my english hard to compose english paragraph...

- - - Updated - - -

Si Klauss I read your Explanation about microprocessor "Address Mapping, Address Decoders, address counters, MSB address, LSB addresses" I would like to ask how to determine the address lines inside EPROM the Memory 4mbit(512kbx8)

Hi,

Sample Rate 16000Hz then I saved it in 8bit, 11025Hz
Makes no sense. I assume you don't have a sample rate converter.

Don''t get me wrong. A forum can't replace scool, it can't replace reading datasheets.
You have to do the main job. Show what you have done so far. Describe how your application is meant to work.
Then we will help you to rectify mistakes. But we won't do your jour job.

On the fist page of every EEPROM datasheet you will find the memory size and the memory organisation.
If you can't find this out on your own, then I recommend to start with a more simple project.

I try to remove A1 to A17 and remain A0 I assumed that the A0 will only play its holding memory but im wrong it played the whole audio
Makes no sense. Show how you tested this.

Btw: I don't think that 8 bit linear data will give satisfying audio sound.

Klaus

Just for completeness, a link to the previous thread https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?16397-How-to-add-audio-data-into-an-EPROM

You didn't yet tell a word about the hardware connected to the EPROM, thus it's impossible to know how the memory is accessed in your sound player. You are posting in the microcontroller section, but there are very few controllers that can address large memory directly.

All we can say at present is that the 2 Mbit EPROM can hold 23 secs of 11 kS/s 8 bit audio stream and the 4 Mbit the double amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back