Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium 17.1 schematic to PDF print problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantudaisu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone faced a problem while printing schematic to pdf file a lot of text strings disappears, i.e. power port labels, pin and net label strings ect..
Some of them not printed to pdf, while in schematic file they do exist.

a.png

Yes, I can select/deselect, but result is the same. Some text names are exported and some are missing. I get the same result if i do a print on paper directly from schematic.
It was working properly some days ago, my guess is, if some Windows10 update might influenced this???

Just a guess: Try printing in Black and White insted of coloured; perhaps these primitives have the same color of the sheet background.

I am using Altium 17.1.6 on Windows 10-64bit. On PDF files some of the schematic symbols are missing pin names on the right hand side, and some do not have any pin names. Went back to Altium 16.0.8 and PDF files are correct.

Comfirm that this worked for me.

Has anyone faced a problem while printing schematic to pdf file a lot of text strings disappears, i.e. power port labels, pin and net label strings etc..
Some of them not printed to pdf, while in schematic file they do exist.

View attachment 147584

YES!
I have the same issue where global net names are missing on pdf outputs, but don't have on AD18 . However I am still using AD17.1.9 (build 592) as default on Windows 10 so it's a pain. I think it started with the last AD17 update that I installed a few weeks ago. I have checked print options & they are ok. I could not find a windows installation update called KB4284835 in my update list, but I have uninstalled the last security update for Windows 10 in July18 & it has fixed it. Not sure what will happen in the future when Windows Updates occur again.

Last edited:

I was having this problem but the security updates weren't an option. I managed to find the solution here, and it worked for me: Go to: DXP -> Preferences -> Schematic -> General Uncheck the "Render Text with GDI+"

I was having this problem but the security updates weren't an option. I managed to find the solution here, and it worked for me: Go to: DXP -> Preferences -> Schematic -> General Uncheck the "Render Text with GDI+"

Yes, this is the right solution. Thanks!

bobbaddleley....well done!!:clap: Worked for me. The previous fix of uninstalling W10 security update was short term because IT reinstalled new updates. Thank you. Altium should be doing this! :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back