Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2-Gbit Parallel NOR Flash PC28F00BM29EWHA replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-music

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have a flash card design that calls for these 2-Gbit parallel nor flash devices, but they are not available anymore from most silicon vendors that used to make them. I'm talking here about the dual-die devices in BGA package.

I was wondering if I can replace those very rare and expensive dual-die devices with discrete single-die devices in order to achieve the mission and cut the costs by half and maybe more, as I have a lot of reliable sources for the 1-Gbit devices.

From the block diagram of the device, it looks like I can do it:

Parallel NOR Flash.png

Selection between upper/lower die is done by means of A26 signal, which is only available on 2-Gbit devices. "A[26] = VIH selects the upper die; A[26] = VIL selects the lower die."

Now, the question is, if I replaced the dual-die device with two discrete single-die devices, how should I go about the selection issue? I have some scenarios in mind, but I would like to hear from you guys first!

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back