Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Layout filemerge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahmoud_Dagher

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to merge my final GDSII file I got from SoC Encounter with my std cell library Nangate GDSII and for this I used Calibre DESIGNrev so I wrote this command;

layout filemerge -in aes_g.gds -in ng45nm_std_cells_new.gds -out merged.gds -mode overwrite

But then it says: [Filemerge requires consistent units and precision across layout. Check layout 'aes_g.gds' and 'ng45nm_std_cells_new.gds' for discrepancy]

I don't have any experience before with this so I don't understand this error. Could you clraify this? and is this the way to merge between gds files or there are other solutions I should use?

when you stream out the gds from encounter you should have passed the library gds as an argument. there would be no need to merge externally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back