Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When are jtag tools necessary, if the chip is not "dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitNiflex

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A couple days ago i had problem with one phone that came, it was "unsuccessful encryption" i tried to re-flash the UFS but there was something wrong with some of the memory addresses and nor i could erase the memory nor i could flash new os.

I used qualcomm software to get the addresses and see some mapping of the chip but the program spit some errors so i couldn't do anything more with only usb cable and without any jtag hardware. Then my employers decided to bring the phone to another guy so he said that the board need to be replaced, although this problem needs some hardware tools to be fixed but i think it's not certainly a hardware issue the chip is not damaged in any way. For them it is more easy to swap new board.

Status
Not open for further replies.