Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSMC and spice model of library cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

nka

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to Tsmc. Can you please tell me where i can find spice definistion of cells in TSMC. I have searched almost all directory. But I cannot find where are the spice model of cells.

There is no standard for these things. Even within 2 TSMC kits, the files might be in different folders. Ask the person who installed the library.

Thanks for your reply. Can you please give me the file name that includes all or even the file name that includes even one cell like nand2. So I can search the whole directory? Is it for example nand2.sp or nand2.spi or what?

i installed it myself. in fact as I wanted to use it with Synopsys, it was just a perl file to run (pdkinstall.pl) . Nothing more than that. Did I miss any thing to install?

I appreciate your help.

There is no standard for these things. Even within 2 TSMC kits, the files might be in different folders. Ask the person who installed the library.

SPICE Models are-most probably- included in PDK.See installation procedure..

Thanks for your reply. Can you please give me the file name that includes all or even the file name that includes even one cell like nand2. So I can search the whole directory? Is it for example nand2.sp or nand2.spi or what?

i installed it myself. in fact as I wanted to use it with Synopsys, it was just a perl file to run (pdkinstall.pl) . Nothing more than that. Did I miss any thing to install?

I appreciate your help.

I think if you can do grep -r ".spi" in the dir where PDK is you will get it.

Regards
Kirtesh

Probably the extension is .sp

One reason for which you can't find the files is that they are not always included. For instance, ARM has a separation between front end and back end views of their libraries. The spice files are included in the back end views only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back