Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find efficiency of rectifying circuit in ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

toora12

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I hope you are doing good. I have a rectifying circuit in ads and I want to find the circuit efficiency. please help me.

Thanks for your response Sir.
I have simulated the circuit that way and I have some questions now.
effnew11.PNG
This is the efficiency graph of my circuit.
Is this efficiency looks good?

This is the efficiency graph of my circuit.
Is this efficiency looks good?
Learn basic writing skill.

Do you think there is anyone who can answer with your poor description ?

However it seems that your rectifier circuit includes RF-Limiter or DC-Limiter.

Here is the circuit.cnew.PNG

Thank you for your reply sir. Here I have plotted the graph of Vin and Vout. The load value is 50Kohmnew12.PNG

Last edited:

Sir actually when I try to plot Vout Vs Pin here is the option I get, Which should I select ?
wer.PNG

Sir here is the true schematic
1111.PNG

However it seems that your rectifier circuit includes RF-Limiter or DC-Limiter.

I guess it's simply diode breakdown. 50 % efficiency at 10 dBm input power refers to about 16 V DC output across 50k load, far beyond the useful diode voltage range, see BV of 3.8V. Real schottky diodes will be probably destroyed in this operation. In so far the circuit parameters don't seem well considered.

Thanks for your response Sir, I also got that diode breakdown warning before simulation. What I need to do now?

Question is how you arrived at the present circuit parameters like input power range, load resistance, diode selection? The circuit can't be safely operated as is, you either need to reduce the load resistance, restrict the input power or use a diode with higher breakdown voltage. I understood that this is an exercise problem without an exact application background, but there should be a consistent specification nevertheless.

This circuit is the rectification circuit of an of RF energy harvester, The WiFi signals will be captured and then will be rectified. The selected Parameters Are for RF, I mean Schottky diode is used because it is the diode which work at high frequencies, all other components values like capacitors and inductors values were get by optimizing the circuit in ads.
yes3.PNG
Here is how the optimization was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.