Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD Capacitor identification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berger.h

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you help me identify the type of capacitor?
Size is 1210, 33pF and 150pF voltage 200V or 500V

Cap.jpg

Hi,

Size is 1210, 33pF and 150pF voltage 200V or 500V
What else information do you expect?
Ceramics: COG/NP0
500V voltage should not be the problem.

You are free to buy a higher voltage rated capacitor to replace the existing capacitors.

Klaus

Capacitors are in output matching network of RF power amplifier, matching and LPF.
Yes , I plan replace it with ceramics NPO, but in original is not ceramic because ceramics capacitor have yellow color.

may be silver mica but this is to the greend clolor in SMD.

Hi,

From capacitors I have seen, they may be PEN or PPS (doubt the latter but who knows) or polyester - polyester/metal film are usually large like 1210, all mine are "silver". I would browse an online store or manufacturer and look at examples of lesser used SMD caps. Possibly PPS with that colour but not sure at all. If not pale pink but silver, could be PEN. If white/white-ish, I have some low pF NPO that are more white than silver or pink and definitely not yellow (they were a bright pink in the catalogue/stock photo but that might be meaningless). I assosciate yellow/marzipan with X7R types.

Status
Not open for further replies.