Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with pyrometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeginusElectricus

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, at first sorry for my english I'm not good in it,
1 I have question about Infrared thermometer
2 I bought cheap pyrometer and it is I think uncalibrated or broken
3 Because their indications of themperature are not good
4 When I measure for example : my skin there is about 26 deegrees of Celsius
: boiling mug of water there is only 60 - 70 of C
: hot metal plate of iron there is only 80 - 90 nothing more (and hot iron has
: 150 - 200 C)
: hot metal plate on fire indicates only 120 - 130 C
5 And I think that it is ( in statum nascendi) broken or set wrong
6 I unscrewed this device and I found in it - interface ( I think) for calibration
7 And I would needed some hint from you guys how and if it is possible to manage this device with some simple external interface and some simple software?
8 I would like to get some already made schematic and link to something universal software from you.
9 I can make simple interface with passive elements like transistors or even with example: atmega 8 or other cheap IC's
10 Could you give me any help with my problem? ( my problem is not very important but I'm curious about it that it is possible to DO.
11 I know that I will be needed referencial temp meter to compare with my device.
12 I add photos of my device and internal interface.
13 Ending of my story again sorry for my language, but I think you had a lot of funny reading that,...

Attachments

• case 1.jpg
    case 1.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 198
  • case 2.jpg
    case 2.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 176
  • inner 1.jpg
    inner 1.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 184

You can't use a pyrometer with bare metal surfaces, read he manual and learn about emissivity.

Try again with coated or blackened surfaces, if the reading is still wrong, the device may actually defective.

hmm, I just covered hot iron with dark paper and again tested this meter and I had on display only about 120 - 150 C and paper almost combusted, next step I have done - I took fireclay brick and put it on gas kitchen and warmed it up quite a lot and indications of temp were strange,. ok nevermind when I take some other meter I will compare then both,

Paper tag on metal surface should work, that's what I usually apply to measure bare heatsink temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.