Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Problem with pyrometer

Hello everyone, at first sorry for my english I'm not good in it,
    1 I have question about Infrared thermometer
    2 I bought cheap pyrometer and it is I think uncalibrated or broken
    3 Because their indications of themperature are not good
    4 When I measure for example : my skin there is about 26 deegrees of Celsius
    : boiling mug of water there is only 60 - 70 of C
    : hot metal plate of iron there is only 80 - 90 nothing more (and hot iron has
    : 150 - 200 C)
    : hot metal plate on fire indicates only 120 - 130 C
    5 And I think that it is ( in statum nascendi) broken or set wrong
    6 I unscrewed this device and I found in it - interface ( I think) for calibration
    7 And I would needed some hint from you guys how and if it is possible to manage this device with some simple external interface and some simple software?
    8 I would like to get some already made schematic and link to something universal software from you.
    9 I can make simple interface with passive elements like transistors or even with example: atmega 8 or other cheap IC's
    10 Could you give me any help with my problem? ( my problem is not very important but I'm curious about it that it is possible to DO.
    11 I know that I will be needed referencial temp meter to compare with my device.
    12 I add photos of my device and internal interface.
    13 Ending of my story again sorry for my language, but I think you had a lot of funny reading that,...

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

Helped
    13006 / 13006
    Level

Re: Problem with pyrometer

You can't use a pyrometer with bare metal surfaces, read he manual and learn about emissivity.

Try again with coated or blackened surfaces, if the reading is still wrong, the device may actually defective.

•   AltAdvertisment

Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

hmm, I just covered hot iron with dark paper and again tested this meter and I had on display only about 120 - 150 C and paper almost combusted, next step I have done - I took fireclay brick and put it on gas kitchen and warmed it up quite a lot and indications of temp were strange,. ok nevermind when I take some other meter I will compare then both,

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

Helped
    13006 / 13006
    Level

Paper tag on metal surface should work, that's what I usually apply to measure bare heatsink temperatures.

--[[ ]]--