Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting the output from a function generator through a BNC cable to the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1998

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to work with the signals generated by a function generator using Raspberry Pi. Since Raspberry Pi does not have an inbuilt ADC, I used pcf8591. Now, I do not know how to feed the signal generated by the function generator into the input pins of pcf8591. Please help.

Hi,

Please elaborate your question.
What information are you looking for?

Klaus

Hi,

Some pointers by guessing:

What type of ADC is it?
What's the ADC admissible input range (200mV, 2V 10V?) and what's the Pi output range and do the numbers complement each other?
Is the ADC able to handle negative going inputs (e.g. a sinewave, maybe even a trianglewave centred on 0V) and if so, does it also need a negative supply on some pin or other?
What things can you do with the reference voltage or are there only two choices: a positive reference voltage or use the ADC onboard reference?

- - - Updated - - -

Page 6 of this datasheet, PCF8591, shows how to configure the inputs. Page 14 shows a couple of typical applications, if they help to guess anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back