Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Large signal cut off frequency of an OFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
What is meant by large signal cut off frequency of an OTA? I have to design an OTA with a large signal cut off frequency of 380kHz. Current specification is not given. I have Output common mode range. Is it something related to slew rate? My load capacitor is 2pF. Please reply.

The usual technical term for OP is large signal cut bandwidth or sometimes "power bandwidth" rather than large signal cut off frequency. In case of an OTA, the actual large signal bandwidth is set by the external circuit, e.g. load capacitance. It makes little sense to specify it for the OTA alone, neither to specify a slew rate which is just Iabc/CL.

The usual technical term for OP is large signal cut bandwidth or sometimes "power bandwidth" rather than large signal cut off frequency. In case of an OTA, the actual large signal bandwidth is set by the external circuit, e.g. load capacitance. It makes little sense to specify it for the OTA alone, neither to specify a slew rate which is just Iabc/CL.
Thank you FvM.
Can you please specify a bit more? I want to know how can I get my current specification based on large signal bw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back