Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plot lambda vs length in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharath_k

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , Can anyone please tell me how to plot lambda vs length for a FET in cadence. I have plotted Lambda vs Vds. How do I carry out the simulation to plot it versus length?

I'd use parametric analysis stepping L, and a DC sweep for
picking off lambda into Calculator; plotting that variable
(vector, implicit) will put it against the parametric analysis
index variable. All you need is the calculator expression for
lambda from Id().

If I do parametric analysis on length. I would get like Graph1. But I want a graph something like Graph2. How do I proceed after getting Graph1?
IMG_20180622_233120.jpg

I'd use parametric analysis stepping L, and a DC sweep for
picking off lambda into Calculator; plotting that variable
(vector, implicit) will put it against the parametric analysis
index variable. All you need is the calculator expression for
lambda from Id().

@dick_freebird Could you please elaborate the procedure? The steps to do,
1) Id vs Vds plot (dc sweep of Vds) and take lambda expression into calculator(for which w/L should I take the lambda expression?).
2) parametric sweep for different length on same Id vs Vds plot? does it work, because I tried and the it wasn't plotted
3) How to plot expression of lambda in calculator against the parametric analysis variable length?
3)

3) Now the confusion

@Shishira I use HSPICE but the cadence software has the same basic idea.

1) Id vs Vds plot (dc sweep of Vds) and take lambda expression into calculator(for which w/L should I take the lambda expression?).
take parametric sweep on L so that the sweep is Id vs L. (to make Id constant W should be a multiple of L, i.e. W=Mul*L)

2) parametric sweep for different length on same Id vs Vds plot? does it work, because I tried and the it wasn't plotted
this is basically the answer to (1)

3) How to plot expression of lambda in calculator against the parametric analysis variable length?
from the equation for output resistance, ro=(1+lambda)/(lambda*Id), you can find the expression for lambda and plug it in then plot the output.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

I tried an outer sweep of the width to see its effects. It has minimal deviation. TAKE NOTE THAT: the plot for lambda is an estimation because the expression for output resistance is based on schichman-hodges model which is not an accurate model for nanometer design.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back