Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has Firefox ended support of ad blockers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has Firefox ended support of adblockers ?

As of minutes ago, but see nothing in 'news'
What do you know about it ?

Re: Has Firefox ended support of adblockers ?

I use Firefox ESR in up to date version 52.8.1 (32-bit) and I use ghostery plugin for adblocking.
Still working fine.

Trying to prove to myself I was not dreaming when a Firefox announcement pop-up showed that both ad-blockers were not approved by Firefox; poking here and there found proof :

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2018-06-21 18:38:15.png
    Screenshot from 2018-06-21 18:38:15.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 137

Well using an adblocker with Firefox 61.0 seems to work fine.
Capture.PNG

FYI it even blocked the facebook icon that is on the edaboard page (which takes forever to load most of the time)
On the older version 58.something (Linux) I also have an adblocker running and it doesn't have the problem you are showing.

Hi,

Hi Externet,

A bit late, but anyway. So far, 2 or 3 years on, Opera is a browser which is (subjective adjective territory) nice to use, adblocking included, it's generally very problem free in my opinion and the options menus are easy to get round, nowhere near as much tweakability as IE but I don't expect that from any. I think it can be a little heavy on CPU resources when you open it, might just be that this computer is getting a bit old now, though. Any other aspects would need to be pointed out by others or looked into, e.g. - and I do not share this kind of opinion - maybe some would not be allowed to use a formally European, now Chinese-owned browser at work/in their country, look at ZTE and the US at present...

Did you solve your issue, by the way? If so how? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back