Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measurement of rf energy harvesting rectifier circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please help me if anyone knows if the s parameters (s11 especially) we measure in ADS for the rf energy harvesting rectifier circuit is the same as the actual measurement of s11 on network analyser at the input port sma connector in the fabricated circuit ?

Please help thanks in advance :)

if the s parameters (s11 especially) we measure in ADS for the rf energy harvesting rectifier circuit
It is not measurement. It is EDA Tool Play.
How do you evaluate S-parameter in EDA Tool Play ?
Small Signal S-Parameter based on SP Analysis ?
Large Signal S-parameter based on HB Analysis ?
Small Signal S-Parameter based on HB-SS Analysis

is the same as the actual measurement of s11 on network analyser at the input port sma connector in the fabricated circuit ?
What power do you apply as stimulus ?

If your EDA Tool Play can reflect stimulus power, PCB, SMA, etc in actual measurement properly, you can expect good match result with actual measurement from EDA Tool Play.

See https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?377951#2

Last edited:
It is Small Signal S-Parameter based on SP Analysis.

No power is applied, just for testing purpose of the rectifier circuit. (or shouldn't we test the s11 of only the rectifier ckt?)

Thanks for the answer and info. Because when I simulate it in ads I get 2 ghz resonant frequency , but when I measure it using network analyser I get the resonance at 4 ghz and a very suppressed resonance >-10 db at 2 ghz

Because when I simulate it in ads I get 2 ghz resonant frequency ,
but when I measure it using network analyser I get the resonance at 4 ghz
and a very suppressed resonance >-10 db at 2 ghz
Simply simulation model can not reflect actual situations such as pattern of PCB, IC package, etc.

I think 4GHz is a parasitic resonance which masks 2GHz resonance.

Is there any way I can find out what is wrong with the fabricated circuit or a way I can make it useful for the same purpose of 2 ghz signal rf energy harvesting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back