Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hspicerf trannoise setup for PLL simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim82518

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey man

I am a beginner of PLL design. Here I have a problem about how to setup the .trannoise parameters to measure the jitter. Would anyone share your experience about the setup of trannoise? Thank you very much.

My PLL design has 200MHz output frequency. Following the format in hspice manual showing below, I'm curious about how to determine the value of "seed", "SCALE", "FMIN" and "FMAX".
About the FMAX, I have noticed that the manual suggest to 2*highest frequency of circuit. Why is that?

2018-06-21.png

BR
CH

I'm curious about how to determine the value of "seed", "SCALE", "FMIN" and "FMAX".
You don't have to set "seed" and "SCALE".

If you don't specify "FMIN", "FMIN" is setted to "FMAX".
So if you would like to include low frequecy noise more accurately, set "FMIN"

About the FMAX, I have noticed that the manual suggest to 2*highest frequency of circuit.
Why is that?
Basic Sampling Theory.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply
Here I have a DAC with 6MHz frequency clock. The band-of-interest is about 100kHz.
In this case, should FMAX be set to 12MHz or 200kHz ???
Furthermore, what is the physical meaning of "seed" ???
Thanks!

BR
CH

Status
Not open for further replies.