Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xbee Zigbee S2 broadcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwnis123

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 2 Xbee Zigbee right configurated to send data between them. Everything ok to now. But when I make the configuration to communicate between these two by broadcasting and not by p2p configuration, things change. What do I mean: 50 characters mesages are splited and transfered in two steps (whereas the same message on p2p commincation is sent directly). Things get worse when I use a third Xbee Zigbee S2. Meaning 2 Xbees sending to a third. Then the messages arriving at the 3rd Xbee are messed up. Half messages arriving, or messages do not arrive at all. What is happening in broadcasting? Do I miss something?

Do I miss something?

Yes, provide accurate details, as for example what you got at the receiver side.

By the way, you should be aware that you must encapsulate the message within a well-defined frame, containing for example the start delimiter (0x7E), packet size, and Checksum. These modules as a rule have tools which help creating such frames, at least I could rely on this feature when I used the module from Digi manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back