Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir2214 with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajgajera

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all, i have built the dc to ac converter using two ir2214 ic and 1200v rating mosfet,i have connect sy_fault and fault/sd pin to high logic and fault_clear pin to combination of RC to provide high logic for particular microsec and then it provides the low logic to fault_clear pin. till this the circuit is working fine but now i want it with the desaturation protection which can be done using the three pins namely sy_fault, fault/sd and fault_clear pins to microcontroller.
i need help in doing that connections as i am not apple to understand the bidirectional pins(sy_fault and fault/sd pin) which operates as input and output both.below is my circuit connection where pin 3 is made on for few millisec via RC circuit for fault_clear.

IR2214.png

Hi,

* What is DC+ voltage?
* Correct the name in the schematic: --> IR2214
* No need for NC pins in the symbol
* hint: use a more meaningful symbol. Keeping the numbering order of the package is not useful in the schematic.

below is my circuit connection where pin 3 is made on for few millisec via RC circuit for fault_clear.
The schematic doesn´t match your description.

To the bidirectional pins:
Did you read the datasheet? Especially Figure3.
I recommend to use an external pull resistor and pull them hard down.
But in detail it depends on what functions you want to use.
* pull down during RESET of microcontroller?
* pull up controlled by microcontroller?
* pull down controlled by microcontroller?
* read back pin state by microcontroller?

Avoid: external hard pull up.

Klaus

thanks Kluas,

i have not shown the RC circuit at pin no.3 in schematic instead used a open switch on both ic but it is RC circuit in real.
the dc voltage i am using is 150volts (and is variable).
and as far for the function of microcontroller all i want is that during desaturation my IR2214 should be off and doesnot affect anything(i.e shortcircuit protection).Also during desat it should give signal to microcontroller regarding that desat has been detected. can you help ?

Hi,

You are working with 150V, but MBR160 is for 60V only. Expect failure.
can you help ?
I won't read the complete datasheet to find out
* when to push which level,
* when to read and how to react..

What help do you expect? Ask a detailed elaborated question.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.