Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Input Signal Model in Schematic Simulation for RF Energy Harvester

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerock

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day, all!

I am currently working on an RF energy harvesting system targeting the harvest of free energy from WiFi of frequency 2.4GHz and 5GHz as a project in our university. I am more familiar with doing an indoor light energy harvesting system rather than an RF energy harvester in which I have a lot of questions particularly about the input (the WiFi signal) in an RF-to-DC converter.

One of my question is, during the schematic design and simulation in Synopsys Custom Designer, how should I model the input for this energy harvesting system? Can I just use "vpulse" and then set the amplitude value and frequency? In this case, frequency can be easily determined because of the 2.4GHz or 5GHz signal. But how about the amplitude of the input signal in terms of voltage? I've read that the phase of an RF signal also matters.

Thanks for all your help! :)

Can I just use "vpulse" and then set the amplitude value and frequency?
Why do you use pulse waveform ?

Generally, we use continuous sinusoidal or burst sinusoidal, e.g. ASK signal.

OFDM waveform or waveform which has large peak factor is appropriate, since you assume WiFi signal.

But how about the amplitude of the input signal in terms of voltage?
It depends on your needs.

I've read that the phase of an RF signal also matters.
I don't think so.
Show me.

Last edited:

Again, it depends on your needs.
- Operation current and voltage of sensor.
- Continous or Discrete time operation of sensing
- Communication Distance
- Antenna Gain
- TX power of reader/writer

See Farsense Rocky-100.

Thank you so much pancho_hideboo. Will take note of the said parameters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back