Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on calculating active s-parameters in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkihogo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a two-port antenna in CST microwave studio and I use a simultaneous excitation. The amplitude and phase shift for port one are maintained at 1.0 and 0 degree respectively. The excitation signal at port 2 has amplitude defined as 'gamma' and phase 'phi' and these are being varied between 1 to 3 and 0 to 360 degrees, respectively at some reference frequency f. The simulation results denotes the active s-parameter for port one as S1,1[1.0,0.0]+2[gamma,phi],[f]; and S2,1[1.0,0.0]+2[gamma,phi],[f] for port two.

My concern is I want to understand which equation does CST use in calculating those active s-parameters because the one which has been defined in the help (as per image attached) has no phase and reference frequency. I actually tried to use the equations defined in the attached image to verify what I get from simulation but I get different answers. I suppose the equations for active s-and-z parameters should have included the phase and reference frequency. How to achieve this? Your help please!

Attachments

• active-s-parameters.PNG
    active-s-parameters.PNG
    49.1 KB · Views: 398

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back