Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of active inductor linearity -total harmonic distortion vs input power

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachuns123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ai.png
Active inductor is a single port device.How can I connect the output port and do PSS analysis to obtain Total harmnic distortion Vs input power to characterise linearity.In the attachment I ahve shown the input port is connected and input impedance is found to be inductive.Since its a feedback arrangement i cant figure out how to connect output port to check linearity.

Can you understand "port" correctly ?
It defines available power and load circuit by port resistance.

do PSS analysis to obtain Total harmnic distortion Vs input power to characterise linearity.
Can you understand available power ?

Since its a feedback arrangement
i cant figure out how to connect output port to check linearity.
Why do you require output port ?

Show me your definition of THD(Totak Harmonic Distortion).

Input and output share same terminal.

And why do you need to use port as input ?

Again.
Can you understand "port" correctly ?
Can you understand available power ?

Last edited:

hd3.png
mainform.png
Hi

I wish to obtain plot HD3 vs Input power.I did PSS.I selected option power in mainform as shown in attachment.In the field to select harmonic I selected 3 rd harmonic and fundamental.Ploted in db Vs input power.Since Hd3=3Rd harmonic /Fundamenatl harmonic power.I subtracted fundamental harmonic power from 3rd harmonic power.Is it the method to obtain HD3 from pss analysis.Since I am not sure the method is correct.i ploted TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION THD as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back