Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Script for adding wires in Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahmoud_Dagher

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I added wires between certain fixed placed instances in my SoC encounter Layout manually from the gui by (Add wire "force special" ). These wires are close to each other by minimum drc separation to cause intentional crosstalk. I ask how to do the same by tcl script not manually? I tried to used RoutePointToPoint command but it didn't work with me. So how to do it or what commands shall I use?

whatever command you issue in the graphical interface is output to the log and to the cmd file. Copy whatever the tool outputs and modify accordingly.

I get what you mean, but when I use this feature; Add wire (or Shift+A) it's not calling some output in the cmd file. That's why I ask about how to write a script for it.

Can't help you with scripting but this sounds like a
transmission line structure and so I wonder whether
you might have such a Tline-autogen-thing available,
unbeknownst. Or, you might find the scripts you seek
by searching in that area (better quality leads, at
least).

I know I've seen people use bus-following path draw
features, don't know what to properly call it or how
to use / what tools have this. At least this cuts down
on drawing, you just have to get the first trace how
you want it.

I get what you mean, but when I use this feature; Add wire (or Shift+A) it's not calling some output in the cmd file. That's why I ask about how to write a script for it.

That's too bad. point to point router will not help you either. You need to draw a polygon and place it by hand. Try the command add_gui_shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back